We hope this post finds all of you having a wonderful day. We're missing Mike today but we're still having fun waiting for him to come home. A 5 year-old and 3 year-old must be occupied while waiting ALL DAY to open presents. They're doing pretty well. We opened a couple last night and they got to have their stockings this morning. We also got another fun surprise this morning, SNOW! It started during breakfast and still hasn't stopped. They boys played in it for quite a while. So did I. Yes, I still act like a kid. But the real purpose of this post is for the pictures of course, so here they are, starting with the Santa visit.
I took a couple of pictures after we got home. Aren't they cute?
Since Mike had to work on Christmas Day, we opened a couple of presents on Christmas Eve. Ginger was so cute walking around and fascinated by the pretty boxes. I also couldn't resist dressing the very hungry, very cute Ginger in a cute little Christmas outfit.
She really enjoyed walking around and shaking this adorable bell.
I finally took it away because I was afraid she might break it.
I love how the little ones seem to prefer the packaging over what's in the package. Ginger would sit and rip up the wrapping paper into little tiny pieces. Then, if you don't watch her closely, she'll eat those little pieces. Ahh, yes. We are 3 for 3 on babies that like to eat paper. Is it just our kids?
I tried to pose them in front of the fireplace for a nice picture but it didn't turn out quite like I pictured. Still cute though!
Here's Ginger waving "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!"
Christmas morning! Here's what the kiddos woke up to! Maybe it was asking too much to put all these pretty presents out for them to stare at all day. We waited for Mike to come home from work.
I let them get into their stockings so they had a few things to open and occupy them until Mike got home a 7:00 p.m. If you look outside, you may notice the snow. It snowed all day! The boys were so excited to have a white Christmas.
Here's sweet little Ginger scavenging a snack in her favorite place. All the food on the floor is always beneath her chair. I've caught her under there many times. She used to have trouble getting out. Now she slips in and out of there like a pro.
Okay - let the waiting begin. I encouraged the boys to play in the snow while waiting for Daddy. I think it took longer to get all the snow gear on than the amount of time they actually played in the snow.
Shane is quite the snowball roller!
I might have helped a little with this snowman. However, by the time Shane was finished him, Mr. Snowman was in several pieces.
Shane tried snowboarding but it didn't really work in three inches of snow and a slight incline. If you look closely you can see the bindings on the snowboard sticking up. It was quickly abandoned.
Okay, the snowfamily was built, kicked over, gloves soaked, and noses pink. Time to go inside. I was hoping that would take longer than 10 minutes.
Fast forward to 7:30 p.m. We FINALLY have present-opening time. Go Wyatt, go!
Now, Ginger. She needed some help.
A handsome new shirt for a handsome boy.
And one of the favorites this Christmas - the Spiderman WebBlaster Deluxe! The fanciest thing I've ever seen that shoots silly string. Shane's reaction - "Spiderwebs aren't supposed to be blue!"
And one last picture of the presents. We had a great time. We hope you enjoyed this little picture show.
Merry Christmas from us to you!
So lucky to have snow on Christmas day! We miss snow so much, including me. Last time it snowed in AR, I played just as much as the kids. Glad you finally got to open presents. We miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures!! Those kiddos are so stinkin' cute! We sure miss you guys! Thanks for all the pictures!
ReplyDelete