Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day!

Well the big storm is here! No school today, of course. Or tomorrow. We spent the evening with our friends. This snow storm has been big news around here for a few days now. There were runs on the grocery stores and everyone assumed school would be canceled even 2 days before it snowed a drop. So here's what we did.

Wyatt, Shane, Oscar, and Grover watching "kid movies."


Sunday evening.


Sunday evening, a couple hours later. This is a lot of snow for Georgia.


Ginger didn't even try to walk. She just sat down and stared at all this white cold stuff.


Of course we brought the snowboards to play with.


Wyatt and Grover played around for a long time.


Isn't she adorable?


This snow had a 1-inch thick layer of ice on top. Everything was covered in ice today. Ginger wasn't even heavy enough to break through.


Shane's getting good, don't you think?


I love this picture. I thought Wyatt was pushing an empty tote around the road. Yes, in Georgia, this is a redneck sled.


Then, Grover popped up.



Well, that's all the pictures I got today. Marci and I walked to grocery store. When we got there, it wasn't crowded at all. Unfortunately, half the stuff on the grocery list was sold out. So we got our few items and trudged back to the Girardins house. On the way home we took a shortcut and made the 1 1/2 mile trip home in 25 minutes. I think my legs are gonna be sore tomorrow. More snow fun tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment