Friday, May 6, 2011

Cystic Fibrosis and Grover

Okay, do you remember this guy (on the left)? His name is Ehren Grover Girardin. He goes by Grover. And since I forgot that his initials spell EGG, I think I'll call him that now. I like it. He sure is a cute little EGG. He's one of Wyatt's best buddies. They get into all sorts of dirt and mischief together.
Here's Wyatt giving Grover a ride in a storage tote/redneck sled. They had so much fun.
Wyatt and Grover throwing snowballs at a telephone pole.
These four - Wyatt, Shane, Oscar (Grover's brother), and Grover - are often found together doing something. Here they are watching something riveting.
And here is Super Grover jumping off a rock to his Dad. You might remember this from an earlier post.
And here is the whole Girardin clan on our hike to Cloudland Canyon last September.
Well, Grover, our good buddy has Cystic Fibrosis. He's one tough kid. He's had a lot of Dr.'s appointments and appointments with specialists. He's had a lot of medicine. He wears a special vest every night that hooks up to a machine that pulses powerful bursts of air for 30 minutes to shake the mucus out of his lungs. And still every time I see him he's full of energy and smiles. On May 21st, this little EGG has a team of people going on a walk to raise money for a cure. It's hard to imagine a cure for something like Cystic Fibrosis but Marci has told me that with all the medical advances, the life expectancy for those with CF is increasing! It's great news. I still can't imagine thinking about my child's life expectancy. This would be a personal nightmare for me along with all the doctor, specialists, medicines and other stuff. I have watched Marci and Emil do all these things with grace. They are strong people. So I am going to walk with them for Grover. If you would like to support Grover you can make a donation for our walk on the 21st by clicking on the link on the top right side of this blog. I know it's tough economic times for all. Even $5 or $10 will help. I myself can't give as much as I would like. Keep smiling that adorable and often mischievous smile Grover. You're a cute little EGG!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know a family better than the Georgia McLellands (I'm sure the other McLellands and Thomases are awesome as well)! You guys mean the world to us, and we're so glad to have such loyal friends. Thank you for helping us on this walk! Of course, anyone who can come and walk with us is welcome, but as Briana said, just a meager donation will go a long way to help fund research to make cystic fibrosis a thing of the past. So come walk or donate and let's Gasp For Grover --it's our team's name!

    ReplyDelete